Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hello Spring!

We are all gearing up for Spring right about now, especially here in Denver where the past few weeks the weather has been gorgeous. I am loving having all the windows open and going for afternoon bicycle rides. In preparation, I wanted to share some of my favorite Spring home 'vignettes' with you, both focusing on the garden outside and bringing some of the outdoors in. Enjoy!
Photos from: (In order) Elle Decor, Country Living, House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Country Living




Spring Cleaning!

I am always a total clean freak, but when Spring comes.....well let's just say my husband gets annoyed. When cleaning the house I only use natural, toxic free cleaning products. Some of my favorites are posted below, but my all time tried and true staple is mixing in a spray bottle, half-part vinegar, half-part water, and adding a few drops of lavender essential oil and tea tree oil. Tea tree is a natural anti-bacterial and the lavender helps reduce the vinegary smell! I also use this concoction (minus the vinegar) on my dog in the late spring/summer as a preventative from bug bites, itches, etc.... She smells so good too!



I love, love Mrs. Meyers 'geranium' scent, but just bought the lavender one and love, love that one too!

Anything by Method is fabulous! And, you can't beat the price point and availability!


I first discovered 'Caldrea' when I worked for Anthropologie a few years back, and love their unique scents, especially when they had 'rose tobacco'.....sigh. The linen spray is the best!


Polly in spring time!




























































































No comments:

Post a Comment