Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Lace Reader

Hello friends,

This past weekend I finished reading the most extraordinary novel; The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry.

It's one of those books that you can't put down and won't stop thinking about after reading. One of the questions they ask in the reader's discussion is: How has lace been used in your family, and do you use it in your home, etc...?

Growing up I remember my mother and aunt using doilies around the house as decorative/ fanciful, side table adornments, but other than that it was not a prominent decorative motif in the home. In college I inherited a pair of lace curtains, and then of course my wedding dress was antique lace, but as far as my home goes... we do not have any lace items, more crochet, quilt type bedding/linens.

Photo by Klea Mckenna


So.... this all got me thinking about lace in the home. Here are a few images I found.



Image found on Bliss

Image found on this is glamorous




Burano tray from Anthropologie

Stitch Encyclopedia Throw from Anthropologie



How do you use lace in your home? Or did your family members use it? Please feel free to send me images you come across. xo

1 comment:

  1. The lace on the wedding dress is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete